Ok maybe not the most tasteful of things we sell but for those without a sense of humour we sell lots of other plush toys.
For those with a macabre side please read on, you'll find the intricate detail and style of Roadkill Plush Toys is right up your street.
So far there are three in the gang. Twitch is a Raccoon, Splodge a hedgehog and Grind a rabbit, Smudge the Squirrel and Grill the Armadillo. All have met their destiny whilst trying to negotiate the highways. As you might expect they are slightly flat from the first impact, the cars have subsequently steered around what's left so they're not totally flat. They all come in a made-to-measure body bag, have an official death certificate, along with a car bumper sticker. The blood and guts are made of squidgy plush material, which might sound a bit gory but this range of toys don’t take themselves too seriously.
The blood and guts and gore are made using the latest high-tech stuffing and plush, to give it quite a realistic squidgy effect. The body and head and legs are made from specially sourced plush material, that gives them that tactile quality of mangy fur. The body is partly stuffed with beads, to give it extra dead weight. And unlike real roadkill it’s something you’ll want to take home and arrange on your bed.
Streaked across each toy there’s a tyre print painted on. The effect gives quite a realistic tyre residue. Flip him over and on his underbelly there’s an embroidered red blood splat. In the middle of this blood splat, there are a couple of embroidered organs.
Grind (Rabbit) Plush Toy
- He measures a healthy 12 inches from the tip of his twitching nose to his outstretched back paws, and 5 inches across the widest part of his body. His fluffy bunny ears add another 5 inches to his length. One is half-cocked vertically upwards, the other lies flat on the ground. In the middle he squishes out to 3 inches high with the blood and guts stuffed in, and 2 inches high with them out. He weighs a piffling 1.6 kilos. He won’t be the first to admit it, but as his modest dimensions show he was the runt of the litter. A litter which stretched to 211 brothers and sisters.
Splodge (Hedgehog) Plush Toy
- He measures a statuesque 23 cms from nose to tail, and 21 cms from outstretched paw to paw. And in the middle he flattens out to 13 cms high with the blood and guts stuffed in, and 11 cms high with them out. At 300 grams he’s slightly overweight for a hedgehog. This is due to his unhealthy obsession with bread and milk.
Twitch (Raccoon) Plush Toy
- He measures a healthy 15 inches from nose to tail, and 10 inches from outstretched paw to paw. And in the middle he flattens out to 2 inches high with the blood and guts stuffed in, and 1 inch high with them out. He weighs a piffling 350 grams. He won’t be the first to admit it, but as his modest dimensions show he was the runt of the litter.
- He measures a healthy 32 cms from the top of his twitchy nose to the tip of his armoured tail, and 10 cms from squished flank to flank. And in the middle he flattens out to 5 cms high with the blood and guts stuffed in, and 2 cms high with them out. He weighs in at a healthy 0.35kilos. Swarthy enough to stand his ground against hungry cougars, but, alas, not against approaching motor homes.
- He measures a statuesque 32 cms from twitchy nose to bushy tail, and 10 cms from squished flank to flank. And in the middle he flattens out to 5 cms high with the blood and guts stuffed in, and 2 cms high with them out. His bushy tail, for which he was the envy of the Swinbrook hedgerows, is 10 cms long and 6.5cms at full bushy height. At 350 grams he’s slightly on the skinny side for a Squirrel. This is due to the fact he has a nut allergy, which prohibits him from eating his favourite foods.